Resources to help you make a complaint

We know that making a complaint about NHS or social care services can be confusing. Healthwatch Southend provides a signposting service to a Complaints Advocacy Service. 

You can also contact us via email or by calling 01702-416320 to find out how to get help with making your complaint.

Self help pack

We have a self-help pack you are able to download. 

Healthwatch Southend Self Help Pack

Advice about complaints

We've worked with Healthwatch England to produce straightforward advice will guide you through the process from knowing who to talk to, top tips on what to do and what you can expect from services in response. 

Read our complaints advice

Complaints advocacy services

Every area of England has an independent NHS complaints advocacy service funded by the local authority. They can help you make a complaint about an NHS service or work out what you want to achieve from a complaint. 

You will need to contact your local authority to find out who holds your local advocacy service contract.

Contact your local authority

Patient Advice Liaison Service 

Patient Advice Liaison Service (PALS) offers confidential advice, support and information on health matters. It provides a point of contact for patients, families and carers.

PALS do not investigate individual complaints but can give you general advice about the NHS complaints procedure.

Contact PALS service