Information and advice
It can be difficult to know where to turn when you need help from health or social care services. We can tell you:
- what services are available
- how you can get the help you need
- what your rights and options are
Most people who work in health and social care want to do a good job. But sometimes the ideas and opinions of the people who use services are not heard when decisions are made about how to improve them. We can get your voice heard.
If you tell us what you think of a service you or someone you know has used, we will use your comments to influence the people who make the decisions.
You can tell us what you think of a health or social care service:
- on the 'speak out' page of our website
- by email email@example.com
- by telephone on 01702 416320
- by letter to Healthwatch Southend, Centre Place Childrens Centre and Nursery, 15 Prospect Close, Southend on Sea, SS1 2JD
You don't need to give us your name or contact details if you don't want to.
The more comments we get, the more power we have to make a difference.
Complaints about NHS services
If you want to make a complaint or raise a concern about an NHS service or worker, we can help. We call this 'health complaints advocacy'.
From simple advice on how to complain, to practical help and support throughout the complaints process, our fully qualified advocates can give you the help you need.
We are independent and will only do what you want us to.
We will keep your personal details and information safe and secure, as required by the Data Protection Act.